This Agreement was last revised on July 31, 2018.
The "Yellowdig Network" is the network providing the Services (as defined below) via your Organization’s email domain. For example, all Users who sign up with a "yellowdig.com" email address would be part of the Yellowdig Network.
"Services" include all websites, applications and software provided through or in connection with the Yellowdig Network, including through a mobile device enabling Users to communicate with others in their work, school or community networks in real time, as further defined in the Terms of Service.
Your "Yellowdig Profile" is your outward-facing Yellowdig Network electronic profile that allows you to interact with other Users on your Yellowdig Network. Information included on your Yellowdig Profile includes your Contact Information as defined below, the Yellowdig Networks to which you belong, as well as any information You choose to make available to other Yellowdig Network Users.
- Information that Users provide by filling in forms on any Yellowdig Network. This includes information provided when Users sign up for Services, including name, address, phone number, email address, title, time zone and any other profile information ("Contact Information").
- Information that Users include when submitting a support request or running an automated troubleshooter ("Support Request Data"). Support requests may be provided through phone, e-mail, or online chat. We may use Remote Access ("RA"), with your permission, to temporarily navigate your desktop. Phone conversations, online chat sessions, or RA sessions with support professionals may be recorded and/or monitored. For RA, You may also access the recording after your session.
- Records and copies of correspondence if You contact us for any reason in addition to support requests.
- Any information Users choose to provide us with related to individuals inside or outside your institution who are not currently Yellowdig Network users, including their email addresses or other contact information.
Please be aware that if You provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of Yellowdig Networks, that information is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although by default we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and we cannot and do not guarantee that any information You post will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
User Data: We collect statistical data, analytics, trends and usage information derived from use of the Yellowdig Networks ("User Data"). User Data includes but is not limited to aggregated quantitative information about active users, activity, topics, and groups and may include IP addresses, page views, browser type, operating system, and device identification information.
How We Use Data
We use Customer Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services and their contents to Users.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and us, including for billing and collection.
- To operate, improve and personalize Yellowdig Networks and our Services.
- To allow You to participate in interactive features on Yellowdig Networks that the Organization that provides your access to the Services has opted to provide.
We use Contact Information for the following purposes:
- To contact You to provide information about new subscriptions, billing and important updates about Yellowdig, including information about security or other technical issues.
- To enable You and other Users to invite people to join the appropriate Yellowdig Network, if You choose to provide us with email addresses or other contact information of people not currently Yellowdig Network Users.
- To contact Users regarding information and offers related to use of our Services, other products and services or to request feedback. Your preferences regarding this type of information and offers may be adjusted in your contact preferences.
- To suggest contacts that You may want to add to your Yellowdig Network. If You choose to add them to your Yellowdig Network, we will send them an invitation to join your Yellowdig Network by sending an email on your behalf which may include your Contact Information and other profile information.
- To notify You about changes to Yellowdig Networks or our Services, or any products or features we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Contact Information provided as part of your Yellowdig Profile is always available to other Users of your Yellowdig Network(s).
Customer Data is deleted automatically: (a) 5 years after notification from You or one of your End Users are no longer enrolled; or (b) after 5 years of inactivity on Your account. You may request that Your Customer Data be deleted according the terms described below.
We do not share any Customer Data with third-party advertisers.
We will not disclose Customer Data to a third party (including law enforcement, other government entity, or civil litigant; excluding our subcontractors) except as directed by the User who owns the Customer Data or unless required by law. For Organizations, Yellowdig will not substantively respond to data protection and privacy requests from End Users subscribed through an Yellowdig Enterprise Network without your prior written consent, unless required by applicable law and pursuant to a lawful request or legal process.
Accessing Your Data
You may access and download your data at any time by utilizing the "Download My Data" service on your Account Settings page.
You may correct any of your data by using the tools within the Services (for example, editing your profile information on the Service) or by contacting support at Yellowdig. Changes you make to your information on the Service take immediate effect on your Yellowdig Network.
You may delete your account and all your data by utilizing the “Delete My Data” service on your account settings page.
Cookies & Other Information
We have implemented and will maintain commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures, internal controls, and information security routines intended to protect your information against accidental loss, destruction, or alteration; unauthorized disclosure or access; or unlawful destruction. Please see the Security Policy for more information.
In the event we detect a security incident or data breach, we will notify all Customers within 72 hours.